Filed under: News / Great Finds
It’s been bashed over our heads for weeks –
tomorrow is V-Day!
How are you going creative and/or green for the holiday? Are you even celebrating it? It’s my boyfriend’s birthday, so we are celebrating his big bday tomorrow.
I found some great tips on how to celebrate the big day, while being “green”.
– Give your partner a massage, or something “sexier”. Also, “coupons” for favors are always fun. Heck, even a “free empty out the dishwasher” would get me excited!
– Flowers is another staple: try eco-friendly flowers or even paint/draw/scrap some flowers up for your honey. Give a plant instead! I still have my lovely potted plant from a friend, it makes me think of them every time I water it!
– Make it an adventure: go on a hike, bike somewhere new, find a new park in your city, go to a new museum or event.
– Save Water! The old adage that you see on frat boy tshirts is actually good for the environment – shower with a friend! (reduce!)
– Gifts – making a gift is always thoughtful and fun. I made a batch of my boyfriend’s favorite cookies for his gift.
I’d love to hear how you’re being creative this holiday!
Update 02/14/09 – Even without reading this post, my lovely boyfriend got me a big purple orchid in a pot for Valentine’s Day! Awe…
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment