Filed under: General Posts
One Mama Earth with a whole lotta people to look after. In honor of World Population Day (tomorrow) try on an eco-condom for size. It won’t hurt your body or the planet!
Why celebrate and educate yourself on the World’s Population? This is why:
- Subtracting consumption. Over a lifetime, the average North American will throw away 600 times his or her adult weight in garbage.
- No calculus required…just a condom. To the 38% of Americans who don’t use contraception while hoping to avoid pregnancy: seriously? With biodegradable, vegan, and nontox options available, condoms are way sexier than a few years ago.
- Multiplying animal populations. Fewer people traipsing around slows environmental destruction (about 25% of the world’s mammals are endangered due to lost habitat).
Try on these! (yeah, I’m totally posting about eco-condoms, and making goofy jokes too – I can’t resist!)
- Sheer Glyde Dams – female latex condoms made ethically in Malaysia; includes a cola flavor. Also: male condoms ($5-$10/12).
- French Letter Aphrodisiac Condoms – rose- and vanilla-scented, fair-trade condoms made from FSC-certified rubber latex; three other varieties also available ($15/12).
- Condomi Condoms – an assortment of vegan latex condoms from Germany – including XXL and fruit-flavored versions ($5/15).
- Condom Depot – not vegan, but it only stocks condoms without Nonoxynol-9 (a spermicide in conventional condoms that carries similar risks to parabens).
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment